Home | Externe | 05/10 Event: Metals and Transition
05/10 Event: Metals and Transition
Start date / end date:05/10/2022 - 10:30 to 12:30
Webinar | Wednesday 5 October 2022 | 10.30 to 12.30
Under the direction of Prof. Sebastien Lizin, UHasselt
The energy transition will bring many challenges. One of them will be metal, which will be needed in large quantities to make this transition possible.
The FRDO-CFDD organises on Wednesday 5 October 2022 an event.
The day will be split in two parts (please note that it is important to register separately for these two parts) :
- in the morning, a conference for a large audience will be held in English (please note that there will be no simultaneous translation). Studies will be presented, the European Commission will give its vision on the subject, ... You can register via this link:: https://frdo-cfdd-admin.be/Account/JoinForum/1138/ Important update: this conference will be organised exclusively in a virtual format (webinar). Those who have already registered will soon receive the link to participate. It is still possible to register.
- the participants will be able to enjoy a walking dinner;
- In the afternoon, for an audience more familiar with the topic, participatory workshops will be organised on three questions, in French and in Dutch. Each participant will be able to choose the language in which he or she wishes to take part and will be able to follow the three workshops one after the other. You can register via this link: https://frdo-cfdd-admin.be/Account/JoinForum/1139/ Important update: the workshops have been postponed to a later date. Registrants will receive an email about this shortly.
1. Conference large audience (in English)
- 10:00 | Welcome Coffee
- 10:30 | Introduction, Prof. Sebastien Lizin, UHasselt
- 10:45 | Metals for Clean Energy - Pathways to solving Europe's raw materials challenge, Prof. Karel Van Acker, KULeuven
- 11:15 | Towards sustainable mineral supply chains: lessons from the Green Revolution. Boris Verbrugge, KULeuven
- 11:30 | European Commission : Mr. Peter Handley, Head of Unit, Energy-intensive Industries – Raw Materials, DG GROW
- 11:40 | TBD
- 12:00 | Debate
- 12:30 | Walking Dinner
2. Participatory workshops (in French or Dutch - for informed audiences)
- 14:00 - 16:00 | 3 workshops. Each participant can participate in the 3 workshops.
- The circular economy and new economic models based on sharing, how to make them scale up ...
- Raw material supply, prices, shortages ...
- What investments will be needed to start up value chains? What investments in skills are needed? Effects on employment in the Belgian context.
If you have any questions, please contact Fabrice Dehoux (02/743 31 53 –firstname.lastname@example.org).