Home | Externe | 05/10 | How to define 'green' for financing the transition to a low carbon economy
05/10 | How to define 'green' for financing the transition to a low carbon economy
Start date / end date:05/10/2018 - 08:45
Friday 5 October 2018 | 08:45 AM-16:30 PM | Brussels | Eurostation
In the context of its work on the financing of transition, the Federal Council for Sustainable Development organizes on 5 October a seminar on the definition of "green". What activities can - or cannot - be financed by a so-called "green" financial product ? How will the future European taxonomy be implemented and how will it impact the financing of transition in our country ? What is the role of low-carbon and positive carbon impact benchmarks (http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-3729_en.htm) ?
The seminar will be particularly interesting for specialists of sustainable finance. Presentations by the European Commission, by members of the Technical Expert Group on sustainable finance and by specialized consultants are on the programme. Various actors concerned by the Commission’s regulation proposals of 24 May 2018 in Belgium will then take the floor.
- 08.45 - 09.15 | Registration
- 09.15 - 09:20 | Welcome of participants (François-Xavier de DONNEA, Chair of the FCSD)
- 09.20 - 09:25 | Introduction of the seminar (Brent BLEYS, UGent, Moderator of the seminar)
- 09.25 - 09.45 | Contribution of the European Investment Bank to the development of a taxonomy for the financial markets (Jean-Luc FILIPPINI, EIB) (presentation)
- 09.45 - 00.25 | Proposals for a framework to facilitate sustainable investment and for carbon benchmarks (Maarten VLEESCHHOUWER, EC, DG FISMA) (presentation)
- 10.25 - 10.45 | Q&A
- 10.45 - 11.05 | Defining “green” in the context of green finance (Annica COCHU, Adelphi) (presentation)
- 11.05 - 11:25 | Q&A
- 11.25 - 11.45 | Coffee break
- 11:45 - 11:55 | Setting up technical screening criteria for climate change mitigation and adaptation (Mireille MARTINI, Finance Watch) (presentation)
- 11:55 - 12:15 | Implications of the Commission’s proposals for financing the transition in Europe I (Asdin EL HABBASSI, BUSINESSEUROPE)
- 12:15 - 12:35 | Q&A
- 12:35 - 13:00 | How does Belgium participate in the legislative process ? (Ariane MEUNIER, FPS Finance) (presentation)
- 13.00 - 14:00 | Lunch
- 14.00 - 14:20 | Risks and opportunities of climate change for the financial sector in Belgium I (Brenda VAN TENDELOO and Hans DEWACHTER, NBB) (presentation)
- 14.20 - 14.40 | Risks and opportunities of climate change for the financial sector in Belgium II (Veerle DE SCHRYVER, FSMA) (presentation)
- 15.00 - 15.10 | Q &A
- 15.10 - 15:20 | Green OLOs in Belgium under the EU taxonomy (Anne LECLERCQ, Belgian Debt Agency) (presentation)
- 15.20 - 15.30 | Financing the transition in Belgium under the EU taxonomy (Pierre-Emmanuel NOEL, EIB)
- 15.30 - 15.40 | Q&A
- 15.40 - 16.20 | Stakeholders interventions: François SANA (CSC), Frank VANAERSCHOT (Fairfin), Pieterjan DEBERGH (FEB, TBC) (presentation) and Tom VAN DEN BERGHE (Febelfin) (presentation).
- 16.20 - 16.30 | Conclusions of the seminar
Important notice: The morning session of the seminar will be held in English. The afternoon session will be held in Dutch and French.
Participation is free but you need to register. You can already note the date in your diary and register via the link: http://frdo-cfdd-admin.be/Account/JoinForum/814/.
The address of the seminar is: Federal Public Service Employment, Labour and Social Dialogue, Rue Ernest Blerot 1, 1070 Brussels
Should you have any questions, you can contact Nathalie BOUCQUEY (+32 2 743 31 51 - email@example.com)