Home | Externe | 11/02 | Towards a new partnership between the African Union and the European Union?
11/02 | Towards a new partnership between the African Union and the European Union?
Start date / end date:11/02/2022 - 14:00 to 15:30
On 17 and 18 February, the EU-AU Summit 2022 will take place. At this important conference, European and African leaders want to lay the foundations for a renewed partnership. Many strategic issues are on the agenda: the energy transition, migration, responses to the pandemic, ...
The FRDO-CFDD is organising an informative webinar on the stakes of this conference on Friday 11 February at 2 pm. Representatives of the AU, the EU, the Belgian government and experts will explain the importance of this conference. Afterwards, there will be room for reactions from FRDO-CFDD members and other webinar participants.
The webinar will be conducted in English.
(webinar starts at 01:45)
- 14.00 |Welcome by Prof. Katja Biedenkopf (KU Leuven, chairperson of the FRDO-CFDD international relations working group)
- 14.05h | What to expect from the EU-AU Summit?
- 14.55h | Brief reactions by member groups of the FRDO-CFDD: Olivier Joris (VBO-FEB), Karin Debroey (ACV-CSC), Vitalice Meja (Reality of Aid Africa, for CNCD-11.11.11 and 11.11.11)
- 15.05h | Q&A and reactions
- 15.25h | Final remarks by François-Xavier de Donnea (President of the FRDO-CFDD)
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo by Chuxie Daniels on Unsplash