Home | Externe | 18/09 + 25/09 | Financing the green transition in times of economic recovery
18/09 + 25/09 | Financing the green transition in times of economic recovery
Start date / end date:18/09/2020 - 09:30 to 12:00
EU initiatives to facilitate the green transition financing in times of economic recovery
The seminar will be chaired by Jean-Pascal van Ypersele (UCL)
09:30 – 10:00 am | Introduction
- The EU Recovery Plan and the green transition - Veerle Nuyts (European Commission, European Semester Officer for Belgium)
- Building social, economic and environmental resilience with the European Green Deal - Arnau Queralt-Bassa (EEAC network)
10:00 – 10:15 am | Part I - How to stimulate sustainable finance in Europe after the COVID-19 outbreak ? The EU renewed sustainable finance strategy
- Emmanuel Buttin (European Commission, DG FISMA, Policy Officer Sustainable Finance)
10:15 – 10:30 am | Part II - How to ensure efficient management accounting of businesses’ total environmental impact? EU support for standardized corporate green accounting practices.
- Thomas Verheye (European Commission, DG ENV, Principal Adviser Green Finance and Investments)
10:30 – 10:40 am | Q & A
10:40 – 11:15 am | Part III - How to improve disclosure by businesses and financial institutions on their social and environmental performance?
- Michèle Lacroix (EFRAG European corporate reporting Lab); Yvonne Zwick (Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung, Germany)
11:15 am – 11.55 am | Discussion
- Philippe Lamberts (MEP, Greens-European Free Alliance); Sirpa Pietikäinen (MEP, EPP)
11.55 am | Conclusions
This seminar will be held in English with no translation.
Joint initiative of the Belgian Federal Council for Sustainable Development (FRDO-CFDD) and the European Commission in collaboration with the European Environment and Sustainable Development Advisory Councils Network (EEAC Network) and the European Investment Bank