Home | Externe | 18/09 + 25/09 | Financing the green transition in times of economic recovery
18/09 + 25/09 | Financing the green transition in times of economic recovery
Start date / end date:18/09/2020 - 09:30 to 12:30
EU initiatives to facilitate the green transition financing in times of economic recovery
Chairs and moderators: Jean-Pascal van Ypersele (UCL), Brent Bleys (UGent) and Romain Weikmans (ULB)(TBC)
09:30 – 10:00 am | Introduction
- The EU Recovery Plan and the green transition - Veerle Nuyts (European Commission, European Semester Officer for Belgium)
- Building social, economic and environmental resilience with the European Green Deal - Arnau Queralt-Bassa (EEAC network)
10:00 – 10:15 am | Part I - How to stimulate sustainable finance in Europe after the COVID-19 outbreak ? The EU renewed sustainable finance strategy
- Emmanuel Buttin (European Commission, DG FISMA, Policy Officer Sustainable Finance)
10:15 – 10:30 am | Part II - How to ensure efficient management accounting of businesses’ total environmental impact? EU support for standardized corporate green accounting practices.
- Thomas Verheye and Lars Müller (European Commission, DG ENV, Principal Adviser Green Finance and Investments)
10:30 – 10:45 am | Q & A
10:45 – 11:15 am | Part III - How to improve disclosure by businesses and financial institutions on their social and environmental performance?
- Michèle Lacroix (EFRAG European corporate reporting Lab); Yvonne Zwick (Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung, Germany)
11:45 am – 12:30 pm | Discussion
- Philippe Lamberts (MEP, Greens-European Free Alliance); Sirpa Pietikäinen (MEP, EPP)
12:30 pm | Conclusions
This seminar will be held in English with no translation.
Joint initiative of the Belgian Federal Council for Sustainable Development (FRDO-CFDD) and the European Commission in collaboration with the European network of Advisory Councils on Climate Change, the Environment and Sustainable Development (EEAC Network), the European Investment Bank and the Belgian regional sustainable development councils