Home | Externe | 29/01 | Sustainable investment in Belgium: Better safe than sorry
29/01 | Sustainable investment in Belgium: Better safe than sorry
Start date / end date:29/01/2019 - 09:00 to 17:00
Tuesday, 29 January 2019 | 09:00 – 17:00
Brussels | SPF EMPLOI, Salle Storck (South Station, Rue Ernest Blérot 1)
In the context of its work on the financing of the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy, the FRDO-CFDD organizes a second seminar on the implementation of the Action Plan: Financing Sustainable Growth of the European Commission of 8 March 2018. The proposal for a regulation on disclosures relating to sustainable investments and sustainability risks (COM (2018) 354 final) and the revision of the guidelines on non-financial information will be discussed.
The programme also includes an in-depth discussion about the related key issues for the actors of the financing of the transition in Belgium and in Europe: institutional investors, asset managers, savers, NGOs, financial regulators.
Seminar organized by the Federal Council for Sustainable Development of Belgium (FRDO-CFDD) with the collaboration of the European Environment and Sustainable Development Advisory Councils network (EEAC)
Chair of the seminar: Brent BLEYS (UGent)
- 08:30 Registration
- 09:00: Welcome
Part I – New rules of the European Union
- 09:10 - 09:40 The draft regulation on disclosures and the revision of the NFRD guidelines - Sven GENTNER (European Commission)
- 09:40 - 10:10 Work of the TEG on disclosure and metrics – Sara LOVISOLO (EU Technical Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, Borsa Italiana, Milan)
- 10:10 - 10:30 Q & A
- 10:30 - 10:40 Coffee
Part II – Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- 10:40 - 11:05 A sustainability code for enterprises – Yvonne ZWICK (Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung, Berlin)
- 11:05 - 11:25 Corporate social responsibility and company law in Belgium – Jean-Marc GOLLIER (Eubelius, Brussels)
- 11:25 - 11:40 Q & A
- 11:40 - 12:10 Panel: Can asset managers and bankers promote corporate social responsibility ? – Isabelle CABIE (Candriam), Bernard BAYOT (Financité, Brussels), Tom VAN DEN BERGHE (Febelfin, Brussels)(TBC)
- 12:10 - 12:40 Q & A
- 12:40 - 13:40 Lunch
Part III – Socially responsible investing (SRI)
- 13:40 - 14:05 SRI and Pension funds in Belgium – Dalia NOSKOWICZ (FSMA, Brussels)
- 14:05 - 14:35 Best practices for climate and ESG reporting for institutional investors – Dominique BLANC (Novethic, Paris)
- 14:35 - 14:55 Q & A
- 14:55 - 15:05 Coffee
- 15:05 - 16:00 Panel: How can Institutional investors and asset managers contribute to sustainable finance ? – Ann VERLINDEN (Pensioplus, Brussels)(TBC), Julia BACKMANN (Bundesverband Investment, Frankfurt a/M.), Wim VERMEIR, Jean-Michel KUPPER. (AG Insurance, Brussels), NN. (Assuralia, Brussels) (TBC), NN. (Fairfin) (TBC).
- 16 :00 - 16 :30 Q & A
- 16 :30 - 16 :45 Conclusions of the seminar
The seminar will be conducted in English. Participation is free but you need to register via:
You will receive the final programme of the seminar shortly.